Sun Ridge Systems
Sun Ridge Systems, Inc. is a team comprised of bold innovators and dreamers. RIMS is not a destination…it is a journey. We are continually looking to make RIMS better, faster, and the smartest public safety software system available.
Are you inquisitive, energetic, independent, and talented? Ready for a challenging career? Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.
Our technical team is currently seeking a SQL Developer/SQL Database Administrator.
As a SQL Developer / DBA, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer. Your duties will include:
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain SQL Server databases for company commercial products and internally developed applications.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration.
- Work with existing and new systems/programs as needed.
- Analyze existing SQL queries and indexes for performance improvements; suggest new indexes.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist company developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide technical support to users and employees. Share expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Prepare written documentation and instructions for users and employees when needed.
- Review and coordinate with CTO all systems changes and programs prior to their implementation.
- Speak and present in front of a large group for training and presentation purposes.
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with CTO and users.
- Two or Four-Year degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is required.
- Five years or more related experience with MS SQL Server T-SQL and Administration is required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Experience with High Availability, SQL Mirroring, and other Disaster Recovery options with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, including Active Directory.
- Public Safety sector knowledge or experience is highly desirable.
- Must be able to pass a FBI criminal background check, employment, and education history screening.
Knowledge and Other Abilities Required
- Ability to analyze information.
- Ability to work effectively both on a team and individually.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to relate business requirements into T-SQL programming and administration duties.
- Ability to analyze current software and workflow and offer suggestions on improvements to both software and workflow.
- Knowledge in testing, debugging and maintaining programs to ensure functionality.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop products (Word, Excel, etc.), FTP clients, and working with medium sized datasets in SQL.
- Full time
- Work from home position requiring fast internet
- Some travel required